You know that your kids can be creative little beings. If you're looking for a way to channel that creativity or encourage your child's love of crafting, sewing might be the perfect activity. Not only does it produce adorable outcomes, but it's also a useful skill to have in today's world. In an era where children prefer online games and gadgets, raise a child who knows how to build with their own hands. Help them hone their skills and creativity by picking activities that will get their hands and minds working.
Let us help you with that through these six lovely sewing kits for kids. Even if they're a total beginner, these kits will have them cranking out projects in no time.
- Peechy Keen Crafts Safari Animals
Safari animals are a favorite decoration for many children, and the names of the animals in this fascinating place are some of the first words your little one must have learned growing up. Let the monkey, lion, zebra, giraffe, hippo, and the lion still be a part of their childhood through the Peechy Keen Crafts sewing kit for kids (perfect for girls and boys aged 9–12). They can sew these animals as the kit comes with the following inclusions:
- Needle threader
- Measuring tape
- Instruction brochures for each animal
Kids can easily bring their tools around as the kit also comes in a cute travel case. The set makes a great gift too!
- Comes with a case for portability and organization
- Has a total of seven animals to sew
- The outputs can be used as toys
- Buyers experienced receiving kits with incomplete inclusions
- CraftLab Woodland Friends
The great thing about sewing is it knows no gender. If you are looking for a gender-neutral sewing kit for kids aged 9–12, you’ll get it from the CraftLab Woodland Friends. The kit includes animals like rabbits, foxes, bears, owls, and chickadees that you often see in the woodland. This is a great introduction to your child’s potential sewing hobby. You can bring the animals to life using these tools included in the kit:
- Embroidery thread
- Instructions for each animal
- A case designed with leaves in various hues of green
Girls and boys alike will appreciate this set.
- Has a gender-neutral design and content
- Each animal has punched holes for safer and easier sewing
- You can fit the animals with stuffing
- Has fewer items to sew compared to its counterparts
- CiyvoLyeen Puppies
If your child loves dogs and has furry friends at home, they will surely love the CiyvoLyeen Puppies set. With each stitch, they can bring up to 12 puppies of different breeds to life thanks to these complete kit inclusions:
- 12 puppy figures
- Self-adhesive accessories
- Embroidery threads
- Plastic sewing needles
- Cotton stuffing
- Instructions per design
Your kid will have a collection of their furry friends in felt cloth as the output.
- Has more design inclusions than counterparts
- More than one kid can share the kit because of the number of designs
- It can be used as room decoration after creation
- Does not include an organizer or a case
- Some parts aren’t ready-made and need cutting
- Klutz Mini Treats
Kids love to play pretend, and one of their favorite themes is pretend baking. Let them create their roleplaying props through Klutz Mini Treats, a beginner-friendly sewing kit for kids aged 9–12 (both girls and boys).
You’ll get these inclusions in the kit:
- Paper patterns
- Acrylic felt
- Cotton floss
- Acrylic felt eyes and cheeks
- Embroidery needles
- Polyfill stuffing
- Detailed instructions and inspiration book
The set will practice their creativity and enhance their patience because there are 18 different treats they can sew, like a cookie, muffin, cupcake, lemon, watermelon, ice cream, doughnut, and more.
- Will awaken your child’s creativity as the set does not come with ready-made patterns
- You can use the output as props for role-playing games
- Can produce more output than counterparts
- Not the best kit for younger kids due to the lack of prepared designs to sew
- HKKYO Usable Artsy Outputs
After finishing what they sew, kids find it hard to look for ways to utilize what they made, but this will not be the case with HKKYO Craft Kit. This set’s outputs include a cellphone case, a pencil case, bracelets, and room adornments in lovely shades of pink, purple, blue, yellow-green, and white. The usable outputs are made possible because of the complete sewing materials:
- Instructions book
- Cotton thread
- Plastic needles
- Felt shapes
Your kids will be encouraged to make even more as they can see and use the fruits of their hard work.
- Outputs are usable
- Includes seven sewing projects to complete
- Each project is separated for organization
- Does not have a case to organize the tools
- Joyous Jays Space Explorer
The heavens, galaxies, universes, planets, and stars always appeal to kids because of their sparkle, glow, and innate mystery. If you are raising a space explorer, you will surely entice them to sew with the Joyous Jays Space Explorer kit. The kit includes an astronaut, spaceship, a star, a space rocket, sun, a cloud, and of course an alien and the following tools to make them:
- Pre-cut felt patterns
- Embroidery thread
- Plastic sewing needles
- Needle threaders
- Cotton stuffing
- Instruction booklet
As they create the characters from space, they will also learn basic stitches. For both girls and boys, this set will surely be a big hit!
- Can entice science-interested kids into arts and crafts
- Kids interested in arts and crafts can learn more about science
- Comes in bigger sizes for younger kids
- Does not have a case for safekeeping
If you're looking for a fun way to do some cute projects with your kids, these six sewing kits are perfect. They range from animals to space exploration! It's never too early or late in life to learn how to sew—especially when it's this much fun! So, whether you want to teach your kids how to sew or are looking for a new hobby, these sewing kits will produce some of the cutest outputs. The variety in this list should provide something for everyone and spark anyone’s creativity and imagination. Let us know which kit catches your eye!