Some individuals believe that knitting and crocheting are only for those who have normal vision. After all, the thought of looking at intricate details or yarn stitching is already painful when you're suffering from low vision.
Surprisingly, most people with eyesight problems still enjoy knitting and crocheting since this activity truly benefits the body, mind, and soul. The invention of the knitting and crochet lamp has opened up a world of possibilities for people who can't see clearly. This amazing tool has been helping crafters light their way without hurting their sight.
If you're up to the game, find out how this product can let knitters work in the dark, and the best knitting and crochet neck lamp that will let you work on your masterpiece effortlessly.
Keep reading so that you can finally work at ease!
What Eye Fatigue Means For Knitters/Crocheters
Eye fatigue, also known as asthenopia, is a state of visual stress that results from extended periods of intense visual stimuli. Many factors can contribute to eye fatigue. Some of these include poor lighting conditions, too much light exposure, computer screen positioning, or doing close-up work like knitting and crocheting.
The symptoms of eye fatigue can vary from person to person, but they typically include eyestrain, headaches, and difficulty focusing. While the occasional eye fatigue is nothing to worry about, this health problem can lead to serious concerns like decreased productivity, increased accidents, and vision loss.
Fortunately, there are few things you may take to avoid or alleviate eye strain. First, take frequent pauses. Relax from your work every 20 minutes and use it to rest your eyes or focus on something else in the room.
Second, use eyeglasses with a suitable eye prescription to lessen the amount of strain. Most importantly, make sure you're using proper lighting since knitting and crocheting in a dim room will affect your vision.
The VEKKIA Neck Reading Light: Addressing Your Low Vision
Traditionally, table lamps are our primary source of light when we work. However, it is harsh on the eyes, and they may not provide enough light for you to see clearly. Thankfully, the VEKKIA Neck Reading Light is intended to meet the demands of those with poor eyesight. So let’s have a look at this lamp that you can use to brighten your stitching workplace.
What's With This Knitting and Crochet Neck Lamp?
The VEKKIA Neck Lamp provides a hands-free solution for those with eye strain in many ways. Here’s a look at how the features resolve the problem of knitters and crocheters with low vision:
- 3 Color Temperature: This neck lamp for crochet has 3 color temperatures: yellow, warm white, and cool white, allowing you to customize the vibrance of the light and let your eyes relax.
- Dual Independent Switch: This versatile light features a dual switch that makes it easy to adjust the brightness in just two clicks.
- 3 Brightness Levels: The LED lights are adjustable in 3 levels—soft, bright, and luminous to find the proper level of light for your work.
- Flexible Arms: The flexible arms of this knitting neck light allow you to position the light when you want to focus on your intricate sewing patterns or simply cast a wider glow for your knitting projects.
- Rechargeable Battery: The VEKKIA neck reading light is equipped with a rechargeable 800mAh Li-ion battery. It can provide up to 60 hours of continuous light on a single charge so you don't need to change your light from time to time.
- Comfortable Neck Cover: The neck lamp is covered with a premium soft rubber which is cozy to use at home or during travel.
- Blue Filter: It has a blue light filter design, which can protect your eyes from blue light damage and provide you with a more comfortable reading environment.
- Pleated design: This design is suitable to help keep your hair in place while you work with it.
- Small Folding Volume: This knitting neck lamp is small enough to fit in your pocket when you need a little distraction from the outside world.
If you're still on the fence about this item, these specifications might influence your decisions.
- Dimensions: 10.83 x 3.94 x 0.59 inches
- Weight: 3.7 ounces
- Available Colors: Rose Red, Black, Blue
- Material: Plastic
- Style: Modern
- Number of Lights: 2
- Wattage: 2 Watts
- Voltage: 3.7 Volts
- Switch Style: Push Button
- Type of Bulb: LED
These details alone will make you feel cool, calm, and collected—all qualities that are essential to anyone's daily knitting and crocheting routine!
Who Will Benefit From This Neck Light?
Apart from people with eye problems, there are other types of knitters who will benefit from using the VEKKIA knitting and crocheting neck lamp.
- Someone who enjoys knitting or crocheting before bed but finds it difficult to see their work. This light provides just enough illumination to see the stitches without being too bright.
- Someone who often knits or crochets on the go, whether in a car, plane or dimly lit coffee shop.
- Someone who doesn't want a flashlight in their knitting bag. In using VEKKIA neck lamp for knitting, you can knit or crochet in low-light conditions like during camping or hiking without asking someone else to hold your flashlight.
Who Won’t Benefit from This Neck Light
While this knitting lamp makes an excellent gift for the crafter in your life (or even for yourself), There are still a few downsides that you should be aware of.
- Some people find the neck lamp's strobing effect quite disruptive. So, if you're not a fan of flickering LED bulbs, this one isn't for you.
- This reading light may not also be enough for knitters with myopia since it only offers -6500k amount of brightness.
- Unfortunately, it doesn't lay right on short necks and will be more difficult to use.
- Finally, the VEKKIA Neck Knitting and Crocheting Light is not waterproof. So, if you plan on knitting outdoors, look elsewhere.
The Notion of Knitting and Crochet Neck Lamp: Don't Lose The Sight, Don't Lose The Light
If you are experiencing eye fatigue or have low vision, this lamp can be a valuable tool. This neck light is highly portable, durable, and adjustable—perfect for anyone who wants to overcome the darkness during knitting and crocheting.
Want to discover more tips and tricks about the stitching lifestyle? Feel free to explore our website and read other information about knitting and crocheting to improve your productivity.