Most of you are probably frustrated at the sight of your sewing room in a complete mess. Staring off into the waves of fabrics and threads overlapping makes you lose your mind. All of us want a tidy sewing station, but we can’t avoid it from being chaotic every once in a while.
Where do you begin to fix your mess? We always begin with threads as it is the toughest sewing supply to organize. But wire racks and cabinets are impractical. The thread organizer box is the solution for your thread organization.
We want that satisfaction of organizing spools of thread by color, and thanks to sewing thread organizers, it can come true. Here are the five incredibly clever sewing thread organizers for your thread storage needs.
Creative Options Sewing Thread Organizer Box
An organizer box normally opens up on one side, right? But this thread storage box opens on both sides, creating more space and versatility for your thread organization. In addition, each side of the Creative Options thread box can store up to 24 spools of sewing thread. Thus, you can organize 48 sewing threads in this nifty storage.
Additional features of this sewing thread organizer are its wide handle for easy carry and snap closure. It has built-in dividers with a hollow middle to get sewing threads easily without flipping the entire thread storage.
Lastly, the Creative Options sewing thread box is clear so that you can see the colors of the thread spools in just one glance.
- Heavy-duty thread organizer
- A double-sided layout that fits 48 spools of thread
- Compact size and easy to carry
- It can’t fit larger spools due to its fixed dividers.
Sulky Universal Slimline Box for Sewing Threads
Do you enjoy looking at those Pinterest pegboards where spools are hung up to be displayed? The Sulky Universal sewing thread box can do just that.
This organizer for sewing and embroidery threads has pegs to keep your threads in place. But at the same time, the lifting tab secures the spools, and they won’t fall out.
The Slimline Storage Box is free-standing, which means you can open it to show off your spools. You can put it near your sewing machine or hang it on your sewing room wall.
- Can store up to 64 spools of thread
- Great thread storage for display
- Can accommodate spools with a height of 2.25 inches each
- Can’t store thicker spools more than ½ inch wide
ArtBin Super Satchel Sewing Thread Holder Organizer Box
Perhaps you want your spools standing instead of them being organized sideways. Then, we’ve got the perfect organizer for you. The ArtBin Super Satchel Thread Organizer has two removable white thread trays with pegs that store up to 224 20mm spools and 108 32mm spools.
This sewing thread organizer comes in a translucent color and has snap-tight closures. Plus, it has a side handle for portability. The ArtBin organizer box is designed so you can store other sewing accessories and stack the boxes up for a neat sewing station.
- Clear top view of spools
- Store as many as 224 spools
- Secure-fit latches and sturdy box
- Threads will unravel everywhere inside if handled like a briefcase.
Singer Sew-It-Goes Sewing Kit and Craft Organizer
Do you want your thread organizer to have everything you need in one purchase? The Singer has the thread organization plus the supplies you need.
Store all types of sewing and craft supplies with this multi-level thread box. It can hold more than 40 spools and other essential sewing tools. On top of that, it has removable drawers and dividers. So you can think of it as a heavy-duty sewing kit specially designed to cater to thread storage.
- Customizable drawers, thread spools, and bobbin holders
- Secure latch and collapsible handle
- Comes with sewing supplies such as polyester threads, needles, and more
- Contents that come with the thread organizers are flimsy and cheap.
Bobbin Sewing Thread Organizer Box (Set of 2)
Most thread storage ideas have problems with holding their thread spools in place. Well, the Bobbin thread storage solves this issue by using foam liners.
The Bobbin organizer can snuggly hold 28 bobbins for each box. The thread slots hold each bobbin very well, even the tails of the threads. Moreover, it has a firm snap closure, so you don't worry about spools rattling or threads tangling.
Lastly, the thread organizer doesn’t have a wide handle like the others, but it has a small hole so you can easily hook your thread organizer near your sewing machines.
- Bobbins won’t fall out no matter how much you shake, rattle, and roll the thread spool box
- Comes in two sets of sewing machine thread organizer boxes to store 56 bobbins
- Clear display box for easy color selection
- Price is super affordable, and you can buy enough for many different colors
- Can’t store bigger thread spool sizes other than bobbins
- The tiny hoop for hanging has a fold line which makes it weaker
Threads are essential sewing supplies, so it’s given that we want them to be neat and organized so we can focus more on sewing. If an aesthetically pleasing and convenient organizer is what you want, then choose from our top picks above.
We hope that we were able to solve your messy thread problem with our thread storage ideas. For more clever organization ideas for your sewing station, check out our other Threadstop articles today!