No matter how fun it may seem, starting a hobby can be intimidating and tough at the beginning. Unfortunately, some people get easily discouraged and discontinue their path to learning. As a result, they never get the opportunity to grow their skills and see how far they can go.
You must have had your fair share of frustrating and steep learning curves if you're a beginner knitter. It can be tough to get the hang of things when you're starting, and you might feel like giving up. But don't worry; help has arrived! We're going to recommend you a helpful knitting tool.
The King-Size Addi Knitting Machine is an excellent tool for beginners who want to overcome steep knitting learning curves with a touch of fun. With this machine, you can knit at your own pace and explore all the possibilities that knitting can offer.
Do you want to see the fuss about this pretty machine? Then keep reading to decide if you should get your own!
Starting Your Knitting Journey with the Addi Express King-Size Knitting Machine
Are you a knitting beginner feeling discouraged about using a machine? If so, you should try the Addi King-Size Knitting Machine! It can help you overcome this fear; in no time, you’ll be knitting hats, blankets, and scarves to your heart's content!
What’s New About This Knitting Machine
The King-Size Addi Knit Machine is an upgraded version of the Addi King Size Extended Edition. To give you a more extensive experience, the brand added the following features:
- A manual row counter
- 46 needles for larger projects
- Faster knitting capability that only takes a few minutes
- A pattern book titled “Winding Instead of Knitting,” which consists of various knitting and crocheting techniques
- Allows flat and circulating knitting functions
Below are five basic technical details you need to know about the product.
- Dimensions: 16.93 × 14.57 × 5.71 inches
- Weight: 4.4 pounds
- Available Colors: Black
- Suitable Yarn Count: 4‒8
- Approx. Knitting Piece Diameter: 10‒15 inches in diameter (circular knit) and a maximum of 18 inches (flat knit)
When to Buy It
If You Want an Affordable and Portable Knitting Machine
As a beginner, you might prefer to start with a cheaper and less complicated knitting machine. The Addi Express Knitting Machine makes a great tool for these reasons. Moreover, it's lightweight and portable despite the “king size” label.
If you're looking to improve your learning curve without breaking the bank and going through tough knitting sessions, this machine is right for you.
If You Want a Machine with a Reliable and Reputable Quality
Originating in Germany, Addi is one of the long-standing and reliable sources of sewing machines with quality workmanship. Moreover, it is one of the most trusted brands for knitting machines, so what more can you ask for? Rest assured that you’ll be using this machine for a long time. Note, however, that your skills and maintenance also contribute to the machine’s life span.
If You Want to Use Worsted Weight Yarns
Yarn weight is a significant factor in making the most out of this machine. Most users agree that medium-weight yarns, particularly worsted weight yarns, work best with this knitting machine.
You may try experimenting with different yarns, but we recommend you skip that and start knitting with a worsted weight yarn. You can also try to double up thinner yarns as an alternative.
If You Want to Level Up Your Knitting Skills Without Hassle
Taking your knitting skills to another level can be challenging. However, with this Addi knit machine, you can enjoy the process and make it less stressful.
Tension adjustments, for instance, can be a big concern when you knit. But this machine does it for you so that you can knit your blankets, hats, and scarves worry-free!
When Not to Buy It
If You Need to Experiment with Different Yarns
If you like to experiment with different yarns, this machine might not be for you. It's best to stick with worsted weight yarns if you want to get the most out of this knitting machine. Otherwise, bulkier and fuzzier yarns will only get stuck in the machine's knitting needles.
If You Rely Heavily on Manuals
This machine comes with a German and English instruction manual. However, some users find that the English translation isn't that understandable; thus, it might not be useful for learning. Luckily, there are YouTube tutorials on using this knitting machine, and many users benefit greatly from them.
If You're Looking for Advanced Knitting Machine Features
Since it's a simple and user-friendly machine, some advanced features are missing. Specifically, this Addi machine has a fixed stitch count of 46, restricting the type and size of your knitting projects. It also has a fixed gauge, so you can't adjust it to work on yarns lighter or bulkier than worsted ones. In addition, the “improved” row counter is still not that reliable.
Getting the Right Knitting Machine
Buying a knitting machine is not easy for beginners. You need to know what sets them apart from other craft machines and which parts to look at to secure a worthy purchase.
Here are some important things you should know.
- No knitting machine can finish a workpiece without hand knitting procedures. Some stitches and knots are done best by the hand, so don't set unrealistic expectations on your machine.
- Not all knitting machines are the same. The type and size of yarn they use and the placement of the components may differ. So when buying a knitting machine, ensure that it can handle your knitting plans.
- Modern knitting machines are not that difficult to learn. Of course, there is still a learning curve. But with sufficient resources, you will eventually learn how to use them, no matter how foreign and intimidating they look.
- You can't rely on a knitting machine to do everything. It only increases your speed and efficiency in certain tasks, such as changing sewing patterns, completing specific hand stitches, and expanding your creativity.
- Consider how much time you have for knitting. Doing this helps you know whether you need a simple or complex machine. Naturally, it's always good for beginners to get a simpler machine first.
- What are your creations for? The King-Size Addi Machine, in particular, is suitable for hobbyists and charitable purposes.
- How much are you willing to spend on a knitting machine? This Addi machine is considerably affordable, but it still costs more than some of its competitors.
Knitting Is a Wonderful Journey If You Have the Courage to Learn
Machines can never replace the creativity, warmth, and love that handmade items carry. But if you're looking for a way to speed up your knitting or you just want to try something new, using a knitting machine is perfect for you.
With the right stitches under your belt, you'll be whipping out knitted pieces in no time with the Addi Knitting Machine King Size! It's a perfect starter tool for beginners who don't feel confident about their skills and find modern knitting machines intimidating. It is user-friendly and makes knitting sessions more fun and relaxing for people of all ages.
Learning to knit may pose some challenges, but you can overcome them with the right machine. We hope this review has encouraged you to create more beautiful knits with ease! If you want more information about knitting, sewing, and other needlecrafts, explore our website!