When working on a new dress project, it's important to get all of the markings right so that everything looks as intended when it's finished. Unfortunately, sometimes markings can be difficult to remove—but not with these handy heat erasable pens!
Made specifically for easy removal of markings, these pens make it easy to get your project looking perfect. Plus, they're really easy to use—simply apply the heat, and the marking disappears! So if you're looking for an easy way to remove markings without any fuss, we’ve compiled here five of the best heat erasable pens for fabric. Give these pens a try!
1. Madam Sew Heat Erasable Fabric Marking Gel Pens
Removing pen markings on fabric instantly does not need magic but only a couple of Madam Sew gel pens. For the 4-piece set offered by the brand, you will get one pen for each color: black, red, blue, white, so no matter what fabric color you are sewing, you can create a marking that is easy to see. Once you have completed your project, get your iron heated and let it pass through the markings as you watch them disappear.
- Comes from a brand that manufactures a wide variety of sewing supplies
- The pens are made carefully to ensure that they won’t smudge and smear staining the fabric
- Included four refill cartridges, one for each color
- Has a clip on the pen cover for portability
- One refill per color may not be enough if you have large-scale projects
2. Janyun Heat Erasable Fabric Marking Pens
Does your hobby include dressmaking, embroidery, cross-stitch, and many other crafts? It would greatly help to have a single tool that you can use no matter what craft you are doing.
Good thing the marking pens from Janyun can be used for different types of material, from Aida cloth for cross stitch to different fabrics for dressmaking.
You’ll get eight pens with red, black, blue, and white colors each set, and it would be long before you run out of refills as they include a great number of 52 refills.
- Has more refills than its counterparts
- It can be erased quickly using a 60-degree temperature of an iron
- Each pen cover has a clip for easy attachment to clothes and portability
- Some buyers have commented that there are fabric ghost lines after erasing the ink
3. Zupayipa Fabric Marking Pens for Sewing
Embroidery on clothes, shoes, handkerchiefs and different items is better when the markings are exact. With Zupaiypa blue, black, red, and white pens, you can draw the pattern in detail so that when you start sewing, you know exactly where the threads with different colors go. After finishing your masterpiece, you can give it nice ironing using 60-degree heat for the pen lines to disappear. If you do embroidery and dressmaking often or as a small business, you’ll find the 20 pen refills convenient. They’ll remain in perfect condition even if they stay on the shelf a bit longer.
- The clips on the pen caps make it easy for you to carry them
- Comes with four extra refills in case the ink runs out, so you’ll have a total of 20 refills in the set
- Each refill has safe caps to ensure it won't dry out
- Buyers have commented that the ink reappears when the fabric is returned at room temperature
4. Olgaa Heat Erasable Fabric Refills
Do you consider dressmaking, embroidery, and craft-making more like a small business than a hobby? Do orders come often and sometimes in bulk? You’ll need more than one set of erasable pens for your fabric. The Olga heat erasable pens include eight pieces of pens and 40 refills! If your ink runs out easily because of the many projects, you can easily get refills from the Olgaa set.
You’ll have two pens each for the black, blue, red, and white colors. Then, a total of eight refills each color. You can use this supply for months.
- Easy to carry because the pen covers have clips
- You’ll have a total of 40 refills, ten each for the colors black, red, blue, and white
- It takes a couple of seconds for the ink to appear on a clearer shade
- Buyers commented that some cartridges are unusable because they do not fit on the pens
5. Wedfeir Heat Erasable Fabric Marking Pens for Sewing
The Wedfeir heat erasable fabric pens do not fall short in offering more than just a single set as they offer 28 refills. You will get seven refills each for the blue, black, red, and white pens on top of the cartridge already included in the four pens. The pen's ballpoint has an anti-friction capacity, ensuring that you can do it smoothly and with ease, as you draw on fabric and different cloths. You can also iron the ink to remove it.
- Comes in 32 refills
- The pen point has an anti-friction feature
- Each refill has safe caps to keep them from drying
- Buyers have commented that the markings don’t completely disappear even after washing
- Some cartridges do not fit the pen
If you are looking for a way to remove your fabric marking pen markings with ease, try using these pens from the five brands above. These handy and easy-to-use markers come in four different colors: red, blue, black, and white, and they also have refills to keep you marking. Whichever your choice is, we are sure that all of them will work perfectly. All you need to do is decide which set has the number of refills enough for your needs.