Passionate sewists tend to stay up late to finish their projects. The excitement to see the result surpasses their need for sleep. But having a clear view of what they're working on is a significant factor that can make or break their project.
Sewing machine lights are a sewist's modern midnight oil. And these four brands will make sewing all night worth it.
Brightech Sewing Lamp with Magnifying Glass
A good sewing light helps you see in low- or zero-light conditions. An awesome one, however, helps you see your project up close.
That's what the Brightech light does for sewists of all ages and eyesight grades. The inclusion of a magnifying glass is a brilliant feature; it shows that Brightech understands the struggles of people working to put a thread through a needle and stitching fabrics in uniformed patterns.
- 6-watt power
- 13.5-inch stem
- Made of plastic, glass, and acrylic
- Has a magnifying glass with a magnifying capacity of 175%
- You can clip this to a thin surface or use it as a lamp.
- Flexible gooseneck stem that you can position according to your preference
- The 570-lumen LED lasts up to 20,000 hours of use.
- 3-year warranty for any product defect or if the product stops working
- The option to convert to a lampstand or clip it onto something makes it suitable for both machine sewing and hand sewing.
- The magnifying glass that comes with the light gives you enough clarity to see your project. You won't have to strain your neck leaning in closer to your sewing machine to get a better look at the stitches.
- The flexible stem of the lamp allows you to adjust the light and lens according to how close or focused your light is.
- The clamp's spring is a little too tight for pinching; it will be a challenge to clip it to a thick surface.
Inspired LED Sewing Machine Light
Lights designed with a specific use will produce better lighting than general-purpose lighting products. That's what Inspire did when the brand created this LED light strip. You can purchase this for one machine at $29 to $113 for four machines.
Once you install the light over your sewing machine's bed, it will illuminate your work in a natural way, as if you're sewing in the daytime.
- 6000 K light temperature
- 20-gram net weight
- LED light strip type
- Made of metal
- Adhesive strips for LED light surface installation
- The light strip is compatible with all sewing machines.
- The light has a life span that extends for up to ten years.
- Comes with a switch and cable holders with adhesives
- The natural daylight color and brightness of the light don’t strain the eyes.
- You can easily install the light on the body of any sewing machine without any mess.
- The light strip is two feet long; you can easily trim it to the length you need and keep the rest as a spare or to use for other purposes.
- The adhesives may not last, especially if you remove the light strip and reposition it to another portion of your machine or install it to a new one.
Cutex Sewing Machine Light Attachment
Sewists vary in terms of the level of brightness they want shining on their work. Some like to go for the classic lamp with a lightbulb as this type emits a softer shine.
Cutex caters to such sewists: their sewing machine attachment uses bulbs instead of LEDs. It’s great for those who want a more relaxing and therapeutic night sewing session.
- 22-inch gooseneck lamp stem
- 4 ¼-inch lamp diameter
- 1.72-pound net weight
- Tabletop installation
- Uses a lightbulb
- You can reposition the adjustable stem for better lighting.
- Uses 6-V to 110-V light bulbs sold separately
- The stem of the lamp has a good length; you can arrange it to be far or close to your fabric, depending on your preference.
- The lamp head allows the light to focus on a specific area, making it stronger and brighter.
- You can attach it to a sewing table. It doesn't rely on a stand or a clip, which makes it sturdier.
- The purchase does not include several important features, such as the sewing machine light bulb and the wire plug. If you purchase this lamp, be sure you have spare bulbs and plugs lying around the house to use.
Powker Sewing Light
The design-oriented and keen sewist will love the Powker light. Its sleek and space-saving design allows you to utilize metallic objects around you to provide a source of light. Thus, you can work freely on your work surface and express your sewing creativity.
- 30 pieces of rectangular LED beads
- 12.8-inch top-to-base lamp length
- 4.6-foot wire, including plug
- Power-saving LED lights that save up to 90% of usual light bulb consumption
- The magnetic base can stick to metal surfaces.
- The anti-slip edge on the base ensures the lamp will remain in the same spot.
- A silicone material insulates the stem for safety against electrocution.
- Power is adaptable to common household power outlets to prevent strobing.
- Lifetime warranty on the Powker light; replaceable if the product has defects
- The gooseneck's silicone covering is a plus because metal stems can be conductors of electricity with the potential to electrocute.
- The magnetic base design is a real space-saver, especially if you spread your materials across the table. You can move things around without worrying about tipping a desk lamp over.
- The magnet's sticking power is very strong and won't fall off if attached to a vibrating metal surface.
- The magnetic base of the lamp won't stand on a nonmetallic surface.
Our Pick: Brightech Sewing Machine Light
We choose the Brightech light because the product gives everything a sewist needs.
We're talking about the passionate ones that stay up all night, wearing their bifocals as they push the fabric earnestly on their machines.
The ones that want to see a clear view so that they can make each thread count and every project beautiful.
People like you who need the magnifying glass, the light, and the moveability that this product offers.
If you need more tools to support your passion for sewing, head to the Threadstop website. You’ll find machine parts and accessories that will help you accomplish your best work.